Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service implies saving and/or sharing specific web content on a web server administered by a web hosting distributor. There are various sorts of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a glimpse at these. In that way, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you wish to run a site, email address accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given companies, which permits you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage services frequently include adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain period of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inaccurate explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would share the tasks at hand between autonomous groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various website hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a large quantity of images with pals or associates since the service is typically free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your mailbox accounts. Some providers provide webspace hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you would like to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and several hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to possess as many videos as you want without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a website. To some extent, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At DuoServer.US, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common email/file/video/image hosting plans that are meant for specific content exclusively.